The moment something gets the label ‘bridal,’ the cost seems to triple in price.
And sometimes without the quality or intended experience to back it up! We love a good wedding hack, and this time we’re talking about dresses.
You don’t have to schedule an appointment and try on a ton of dresses in one sitting, all in front of lighting and a mirror you’re not familiar with. You’ll often be able to see what’s the most flattering in the room you try on all your clothes in (at home!)
If you’re not into the typical dress buying experience or the price that comes with it, there’s an alternative.
Evening gowns are your answer.
Generally, evening gowns:
- Cost less than wedding dresses or anything labeled ‘bridal’
- Fit more comfortably since they’re made to be worn more than once
- Adapt to trends quicker than bridal, as they don’t need to adhere to seasonal collections
Filters are your friend to find exactly what you’re looking for quickly
- Filter by color, I chose white
- Filter by length, I selected floor length
- Filter by price, I checked under $700
Here are 10 ‘non-bridal’ dresses that most definitely feel so bridal, it’s hard to imagine where else you’d wear them!
2. BCBGMAXAZRIA, Tulle Corset Evening Gown | Bloomingdales, currently on sale for $304.20
4. Cinq à Sept, Emmie Crystal-Strap Gown | Saks, currently on sale for $477
5. LA FEMME, Strappy Back Satin Ballgown | $408, Nordstrom
6. Zhivago, Betsy Gown in White | $672, Revolve
10. Rotate Birger Christensen, Miley Sequined V-Neck Open-Back Gown | $710, Neiman Marcus. We know this isn't under $700, but it's so close and too pretty not to list.
I did this same thing for my own wedding five years ago.
The dress was under $300 from Bloomingdales and the most comfortable dress I’ve ever worn. Here’s how it turned out.
Photo source: Grace T Photography
I absolutely loved it and still think it looks great. I’d likely pick something a bit different if I were buying one now, which makes me even happier I didn’t spend $2,000 on it.
You know what else helps you save money for the honeymoon..
170+ premium decor items in the simplicity of one trailer. Shop now